Escape Salons supports diversity and fosters inclusion in the workplace. We consistently value and respect the rich diversity of ideas, experience, and skills that all of our employees, Independent Contractors and vendors bring to Escape Salons.
As an employee, California's Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) provides protection from harassment or discrimination in employment because of:
- Age (40 and over)
- Religious Creed (including religious dress and grooming practices)
- Denial of Family and Medical Care Leave
- Disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS
- Marital Status
- Medical Condition (cancer and genetic characteristics)
- Genetic Information
- Military and Veteran Status
- National Origin (including language use restrictions)
- Sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding)
- Gender, Gender Identity, and Gender Expression
- Sexual Orientation
We're committed to making a positive difference in people's lives and being recognized as a company who stands behind its promise of diversity and inclusion in the workplace 24/7.
Joelle L. Garfinkel
President & Hairstylist
Children's Policy: For the safety of all, children under the age of fourteen (14) are welcome in the salon only for their scheduled appointment. Thank you for your cooperation.
Animal Policy: Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Title III, only service animals that accompany people with disabilities are allowed in all areas of this business where members of the public are normally allowed to go. A service animal is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability. However, an animal whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support does not qualify as a service animal under the ADA.
Cancellation Policy: Clients who cancel within twenty-four (24) hours of their scheduled appointment may incur a $25.00 cancellation fee from their Independent Contractor service provider.